Sharing your music and the music you enjoy with friends and followers on social media sites like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and more is incredibly simple with Spotify.
A share button can be found right within the app. You can simply copy and paste the playlist link wherever you want.
Sharing your music on your social media pages is the easiest way to get a respectable amount of free promotion, whether you’re promoting a new album, drawing attention to a new remix, or celebrating a significant number of plays.
The steps for sharing your Spotify link across various devices are now quite similar. The same goes for social media sharing.
However, some features simplify the task, and depending on the device you’re using, you might see various sharing suggestions.
So, here you can learn the easy and effective ways how to share your music and discover the power of Spotify links and take your music promotion to the next level! Let’s get right into the topic without further ado.
How to Use Spotify Links to Share Songs?
Did you know that you can easily share Spotify links to your music? You can find the “Copy Song Link” option to make a Spotify link as long as you can see the three dots next to a song or album on Spotify.
However, to be specific, we can divide this process into five simple steps:
- Open Spotify and search for the song you want to share.
- Tap the three dots next to that song.
- Choose “Share” from the dropdown menu.
- Click “Copy Song Link.”
- A URL will now be added to your clipboard.
What Happens When Someone Clicks on a Link to My Spotify Song: Spotify App and Desktop App?
If someone has the Spotify app installed, clicking the Spotify Link you created on a mobile device will launch the Spotify app and play that song.
When someone clicks on your Spotify link on a desktop, it will launch the Spotify web player with the option to launch the desktop client. If that option is set as the default, it will launch the desktop client immediately.
Any Alternatives to Finding a Spotify Link?
To create a Spotify link for the song you are currently listening to, you can also right-click the song’s album art on a desktop computer.
If the three dots aren’t present, you may need to hover your cursor over the song in question (or, if you’re using the desktop app or web player, right-click it) for them to show up.
Photo by seyfi durmaz.
How to Use Spotify Links to Share Albums?
You can do the same for any album on Spotify in addition to creating a Spotify link for any song on the service.
By clicking the three dots next to an album, choosing “Share,” and then clicking the “Copy Album Link” option, you can make a Spotify link to share any album on Spotify.
It’s nice to keep in mind that even single releases that contain only one song will give users the option to share the album link for that release.
Here is how these steps for sharing an album on Spotify look in more detail:
- Search on Spotify for the album you want to share.
- Select that album and click the three dots.
- Choose “Share” from the dropdown menu.
- Simply click “Copy Album Link.”
- A URL will be added to your clipboard and you can share a Spotify album link.
Links for Sharing a Spotify Playlist
You’re mistaken if you think sharing can only be done with tracks or albums. The great thing is that you can also share playlists!
By clicking the three dots next to a Spotify playlist, choosing “Share,” and then clicking the “Copy link to playlist” option, you can make a link to share a Spotify playlist.
Here is a thorough explanation of the five steps to making a Spotify link for any Spotify playlist:
- Search for the Spotify playlist you want to share.
- Toggle that playlist by clicking the three dots.
- The dropdown menu will allow you to select “Share.”
- Click “Copy link to playlist.”
- Your clipboard will now contain a URL and you can share a Spotify Playlist Link.
Photo by Castorly Stock.
Where Can Your Spotify Links Be Shared?
Let’s first talk about the options Spotify gives you for sharing. The music streaming service is fantastic because it works well with other platforms and is adaptable.
You can easily and quickly share your Spotify links from the Spotify app by going to the following location:
- Instagram Feed
- Instagram stories
- Facebook News Feed
- Facebook Stories
- Facebook Messenger
Of course, those aren’t the only platforms and social media available to you. The share menu on Spotify also includes a “copy link” option for users, as you already know.
Creative Ways for Sharing Your Spotify Links
Sharing your Spotify links can be a creative and fun way to showcase your music taste and share it with others. There are various ways to share your links, some of which include utilizing social media platforms like Instagram or Snapchat and some other options that allow you to share your Spotify link in a fun and interactive way. Let’s dive in.
Share Your Music on Instagram Stories and Facebook Stories
On Spotify, you can look up any full track, album, artist profile, or playlist. Find the three dots, select “Share,” then select “Instagram Stories” or “Facebook,” and then “Facebook Stories.”
By doing so, the Instagram or Facebook app will launch, and the artwork or profile picture will be used to create a Story. Swiping up allows you to add captions, drawings, or additional stickers and position them wherever you like.
Unfortunately, Spotify does not allow you to attach a song in a typical manner, nor does it add a track preview to the Story. The ‘Play on Spotify’ link will appear in the top left corner for viewers after the video has been posted.
Share Your Music on Snapchat
You can use the Spotify search bar to find songs, a certain album, an artist profile, or a playlist. Find the three dots, then tap “Share” and “Snapchat.” By doing so, the Snapchat app will launch, and a post with the artwork or profile picture will be created. Share and customize. Swiping up will allow viewers to listen on Spotify.
The simplest method for physically sharing music between accounts on Spotify is through a QR-style Spotify code. On Spotify, you can look up any song, album, artist profile, or playlist. Find the three dots. This will show the artwork or profile picture above what appears to be a sound wave, and this code is scannable.
To share it digitally, tap to enlarge and save it to your device. From here, you can print or post the image wherever you want, for example, on flyers, posters, or stickers.
To scan it, your recipient must launch the Spotify app, tap “Search,” and then click the camera icon in the top right corner. The music will begin to play as soon as you simply point the phone at the code.
Share Spotify Canvas on Instagram Stories
A three to eight seconds visual loop from Spotify Canvas is excellent for cross-posting. It’s also a fantastic way to increase engagement.
Open the Spotify for Artists app and select the track by tapping “Share.” With the customary “Play on Spotify” link to the entire track, your Canvas will loop in the background of your Story. If you are new to the Spotify Canvas feature, click here to learn more about it!
Photo by John Tekeridis.
Extra Tips for Spotify Playlist
- Your playlists can be accessible to everyone, not just your close friends! All you have to do is make the Spotify list public. Therefore, select “Make Public” by clicking on the three horizontal or vertical dots. The playlist will then show up when someone searches for music on Spotify.
- You can keep a playlist private as opposed to making it public, but this does not preclude sharing it. The recipient can play, follow, and view the playlist; the actions are the same. Additionally, if you choose collaborative playlists, the recipients can make changes.
- Editorial Playlists are carefully curated Spotify playlists based on genre and mood, with the song order customized for each listener. Your track will be at the top of the playlist thanks to the special link that Spotify offers.Visit the Spotify for Artists app, select the “Music” tab, select any song to open the page for that specific track, and then select the “Playlists” tab. This displays a list of all playlists to which the track has been recently added. Copy the playlist link by clicking “Copy unique link” and paste it wherever you like. Anyone who clicks the playlist link will see your song at the top for a full day.
Now that you know how to spread the word about your music! It’s simple and enjoyable.
If you are new to digital releases and streaming services such as Spotify, be my guest and visit SoundCampaign’s blog!
Together with SoundCampaign, you can make your dreams come true! We assist musicians from all over the world by placing their music on curators’ playlists. Get your music heard by our many curators to increase your organic Spotify streams and fan base. Also, get your tracks included on the most popular Spotify playlists.
We are always here for you, so there are no more excuses for not succeeding in the music industry, especially when Spotify makes it easier!